Tuesday, June 24, 2008

So where was I...

"Where am I" is more like it. I am writing this blog while I sit in my apartment in Bangkok. I got here yesterday coming in from Burma, and I am currently packing to go to Chiang Mai. (9-10 hour bus ride away.) Then I am planning to come home, unpack from that trip and then pack again to leave for Burma for ? weeks.

I am trying to update the blog and I am just now realizing that entails filling you in on all of April, May and June!

So here goes...

In April we traveled to Khon Kaen. We have mentioned this place before. There is an awesome group of Swedish Missionaries in Khon Kaen and they are taking the city for Jesus. We joined them for about a week and had an amazing trip.

The highlight for me was the Khon Kaen Women's Prison. I have pictures for this so I think this will be the perfect way to share with you.


Here I am checking into prison.

Here are some of the ladies in the prison. I was very surprised to see the babies.



These women have to have all shampoo and things of that nature brought to them from family or friends. The ones who have no one to care for them simply don't have those things. Some of the inmates with children are in here with their spouses as well. The babies stay with the Mom's but the Father's are allowed to see them. That was happening when we got there. They had them lined up sitting in chairs facing each other. That was family time.



This amazing woman had written a hymn and she performed it for us.




This is the message portion of the service. All of the blond heads are swedes! Per Gisselson is the Director and Pastor of this work, his wife was teaching this day. She was teaching them about healing in the Bible and that they can pray for each other when they are sick and need help. I would have to say that it was really good news to them.



The SOS Mission, which stands for Save Our Souls, goes into the prison every week and ministers to these women. They are there for various reasons, but drugs are the biggest issue in the area. The women were obviously so grateful for the services, and the team has great favor in the prison. They called to tell me that two weeks after we were there, they went in and set up a pool for baptisms. 25 women were baptized that day and they had already done this once before then.
We really had a great experience and hope to return when we are able to. Thank you for supporting us and making these trips possible. We were offered the chance to move there and become the Pastors of the church in the prison. We prayed about it, but God has other plans and little did we know things were going to get very busy for us very quickly.